A Personal Note…
For those of you who do not know me personally, I want to share some basic things that I believe. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who loves me, died for me, and rose again so I could have eternal life with Him.
- Salvation is a free gift and I cannot earn it:
- “ For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- Anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved:
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9
- I believe that the Bible is God’s Word to man, and I am to live my life according to the principles that are recorded there.
- “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.” Romans 15:4
- “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” 2 Timothy 3:16.
- We should all be willing to share the Good News of Jesus and what He did for us:
- “ … and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8b
Growing up in a Christian home is no guarantee that one understands the Bible or how to live a Christian life. Being saved as a young child I learned many Bible stories, but it wasn’t until later that I began to understand how all of these “stories” fit together. Jesus was planned from the beginning of time to redeem mankind because of their sin. I also began to understand that all of those “stories” were connected together. The Bible is not just a compilation of popular Bible stories. They were real events in real people’s lives. The Bible isn’t just full of favorite Bible passages. Those Bible passages were messages from God to specific people throughout the ages. And these Words were preserved for us to read, understand and live by today. All people, especially children, are capable of learning so much more. The Biblical Path of Life is a study meant to simplify the understanding making the Bible relevant to a Christian’s life – young or old.
The Biblical Path of Life has been used in the local church of M. J. Ross for over fifteen years as a Sunday School program. It has been shared with a few other churches (and individuals) who have used it as well.
M. J. Ross was raised being taught the importance of God’s Word. After using this study to teach the Bible, many hearts and lives were changed because of the understanding of how the Bible fits together with a purpose – to reveal Jesus.